What should you do?
Online purchases often offer good deals, but you have to be careful be of scams.
- When possible, use domestic e-commerce websites – it will be much easier to solve any problems.
- Do some research on the seller – check their reviews before buying.
- Use your credit card – you have more chance of getting your money back.
- Pay only through secure payment services – do they ask for a money transfer service or a bank transfer? Thing twice before acting!
- Only use a secure Internet connection when you make payments – avoid using free, open or public WiFi networks.
- Always be careful about the security of your online purchases: pay only through a secure device and keep your operating system and security software updated. Beware of ads for unlikely bargains or miracle products – if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!
Did a pop-up window open up saying that you’ve won a prize? Think twice – the only thing you might be winning is some malware!
- If the product doesn’t arrive, contact the seller. If you don’t receive a response, contact your bank.